Title

Autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et dolore feugait

A Male has died following accident in shed.

A male has died following an accident in a shed in which he is believed to have received an electrical shock while fitting a new light. The accident happened in the Rockmount Gardens area of Articlave.

The Scene at Rockmount Gardens Articlave Coleraine where a man named locally as Ian Patterson age 44 was killed changing a light bulb.The Air Ambulance remains at the scene, it is believed that he operated a Trophey and Engraving business and was well known in the area, Uncomfirmd reports that he has two young children. A full investigation is ongoing at present. PICTURE STEVEN MCAULEY/MCAULEY MULTIMEDIA

Members of the public went and obtained the nearby local public defibrillator and the NIAS and Air Ambulance were called to assist but attempts to revive the male failed.

 

The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS) have said;

“We received a 999 emergency call at 11.05am on Friday 18 January 2019. The caller reported that a patient had collapsed following electrocution. The incident occurred in Articlave. One Accident & Emergency Ambulance was dispatched to the scene immediately and the Air Ambulance Helimed23 also attended shortly after.”

The male have been named locally as local businessman Ian Patterson.

Local MLA for East Londonderry, Maurice Bradley speaking to Causeway Coast Community said;

“This is a tragedy, I knew Ian well and I am deeply shocked.

Ian was a popular businessman who in recent years had supplied quality trophies to the Coleraine and District League of which I am a member.

I would extend my deepest sympathy to Ian’s immediate family and extended family circle and also the tight-knit community of Articlave where he resided.”

 

Claire Sugden MLA posted the following on social media;

“Terribly sad news to learn of local businessman, Ian Patterson’s passing today.

Ian was a gentleman. He was so likeable and held in the highest regard by all who knew him and those he worked for through his business. Ian played a significant role in the local community in Articlave and recently supported getting two defibrillators in the village.

I’m really saddened by Ian’s death, he was taken far too soon. I offer my deepest sympathies to his family, friends and all who knew him.”

The death is not being treated as suspicious but a post mortem is due to be carried out. The Health and Safety Executive have been invormed.

FUSE FM Webmaster